Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. If you are given a prescription for antibiotics to take before surgery, they are taken 1 hour before surgery with sips of water only.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient home and stay with him/her for the remainder of the day.
The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you routinely take oral medications, please check with Dr. David prior to your surgical date for instructions.